121mcv Sales and Marketing (121mcv) takes the privacy of its users seriously. 121mcv has adopted information management guidelines for our customer relationships designed to respect the privacy and preferences of our users.
What Type of Information Does 121mcv Collect?
Personal information collected by 121mcv may include:
• Name, postal address, phone number, and e-mail address.
• Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information. Please note, we do not retain credit card information.
We may also collect information about you such as:
• If you create an account – your username, password, and other demographic information that you provide.
• If you purchase from 121MCV– what you buy, and how frequently you buy.
• If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways – demographics information that you provide and information about subjects that may interest you.
• If you connect your account to another service such as LinkedIn or Twitter, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service that you authorize. This information enables cross-platform data sharing to improve your user experience.
Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our site or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. We may also use Local Shared Objects (Flash cookies). To identify Local Shared Objects on your computer and adjust your settings, visit: www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
121mcv may also collect aggregated or anonymized usage data that does not personally identify you.
How Does 121mcv Use Information About You?
• 121mcv may use the information we gather to allow us to process orders, registrations, and customer service inquiries.
• Communicate with you about your orders, purchases, accounts, and requests for information.
• Provide you with information about products and services we offer (if you agree to receive such information).
Does 121mcv Share Personal Information With Third Parties?
We do not disclose your personal information except in the limited circumstances described here. We sometimes work with advertisers or other third parties to serve ads targeted to your interests, or to collect data for conversion tracking (that is, what actions you take after you click on an ad).
We retain the email addresses of those who send us email, who purchase goods and services via our website, who register for access to our site, and who subscribe to our email newsletters. We do not disclose these email addresses to third parties. We do on occasion provide magazine subscribers’ postal mailing addresses to selected advertisers who wish to reach you by mail.
Users can opt out of interest-based advertising and disclosure of postal mailing addresses (see “What Choices Does 121mcv Offer About Personal Information,” below).
We do use aggregated information (that is, data about our customers or users that is anonymized so that no one is individually identified), to allow us to audit site usage, create marketing profiles, manage our relationship with advertisers, and to provide support services to us.
How is Personal Information Secured?
121mcv maintains appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information.
While we take these steps to protect your personal information as much as we reasonably can, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network, or any storage of data, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
What Choices Does 121mcv Offer About Personal Information?
121mcv offers choices for you to update your personal information and the way we communicate with you. Here are some of the ways you can request changes:
• Follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails we send you.
• Sign in to your 121mcv.co.uk account, if you have one, and visit the Account Settings section within My Library to manage your preferences and to update your personal information.
• Call 0845 3888281.
If you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you transactional based communications such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Questions and Feedback
121mcv Sales and Marketing
1 The Gateway
Head Office: 0845 3888 281